Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Haiku Home to the Hillbillies

Yes Dorothy,

Haiku does have Hillibillies. While Hawaii is not known for it's Hillbilly music,  it should be. The Haiku Hillbillies have been a mainstay in the Maui Music scene for quite awhile. I love their music, but then I love most any music.

I guess that Country, Hillbilly, Blues, Hawaiian and even Celtic music all have common roots if you trace back their lineage. They have definitely evolved into their own wonderful styles. The Haiku Hillbillies music is no exception. They have a great flair and give the music such a personal touch. Their playing is tight and it seems as if they are reading each other's minds as they blend and progress through each song.

I don't know that I've been able to video all of the Haiku Hillbillies together yet, I do have this recent footage of Randall and Rand.   Enjoy!

Randall Rospond: lead vocals, guitar ....
Rand Coon: vocals, banjo, harmonica, guitar ....
Klaus Simmer: keyboards ....
Kerry Sofaly: drums ....
Jonathan Starr: bass ....

No comments:

Post a Comment